Some exercises to work the upper back utilising a cable machine.
1. Kneeling behind head pull down
2. Standing cross cable pull back
3. Kneeling single arm pull back
Aim for 3-4 sets of 8-12 reps.
Here is a great workout to do with a training partner.
The exercises are:
* Ball slam burpee
* Sit up and press
* Lunge side sling
* Russian twists
* Jump lunges
* Burpee squat
* Side lunge and press
* Moving hand elevated press up
3 sets. No rest between exercises, short rest between sets
Tight back? Hamstrings? Anywhere for that matter?
Try some of these mobility exercises. As much range as possible x10 for each:
- Cat camel
- Push backs
- Crucifix swings (front)
- Crucifix swings (back)
- Leg whip
- Hip roll downs
- Single leg hip thrusts
Here are a variety of core exercise ideas.
Try some or all and add them in to your workouts for a bit of variety.
Full body conditioning with Peter.
Exercises shown here include:
- KB swings
- Swiss ball roll ins (hamstring)
- KB squats
- Box jumps
- Ball slams - varying directions
- Battle ropes - single arm and double arm
5 exercises, 20-30s of each depending on your fitness levels:
* Plank ups (alternate the leading arm)
* Squat thrust out and in
* Press up with alternate knee pull in
Repeat 4-5 times with 20-40s rest between each set to ensure you can maintain a good intensity
Here with Shaleena we used the rower as a reformer to be more creative with our core and leg session.
- Front rack squats
- Reverse gliding lunge
- SL squat, side leg raised
- Side adductor glides
- Core push outs
- Hamstring pull ins
Some full body conditioning to get the heart going.
4 sets of:
- 100 skips
- 20 goblet squats
- 10 lunges with each arm above head
- 100 skips
Followed by 3 sets of:
* 10 wood chopper each leg forward
* 10 knee to opposite elbow
* 10 knee to same elbow
Jo smashing her legs and core session with exercises such as:
- Lunge jumps
- Step up with a backwards lunge
- Swiss ball hip thrusts
- TRX crunch
In this session we have:
* Step ups
* Bulgarian split squat
* Split stance RDL
* Single leg hip thrust
* Rotational step up
Great for all round, quads, glutes and hamstrings