These can be performed in the gym or anywhere you have space (and some weights).
1️⃣ Standing Tricep extension x20 (I used a 5kg)
2️⃣ DB bent over row x25 (7kg ish)
3️⃣ Kneeling round the worlds x15 (5kg)
4️⃣ Lying press into skull crusher x15 (4kg ish)
Adjust to suit you and your ability level. Remember technique is more important than weight and reps.
Here is a leg circuit that involves mobility, muscular endurance, strength and fitness.
1. Push back and reach x12 (6 each side)
2. Kettlebell pick up 10-16kg x8-10 (putting it down and picking back up is 1)
3. Step up x10-12 (controlled - back heel doesn’t touch the floor)
4. Bulgarian split squat x10-15
5. Burpees x8-12 x3-4 sets
Here is a simple home workout that will work the full body.
- Treadmills 30s
- Press ups 20s
- In and out squat trusts 30s
- Plank up downs 20s
- Plank rotations 30s
No rest between exercises.
Tight back? Hamstrings? Anywhere for that matter?
Try some of these mobility exercises. As much range as possible x10 for each:
- Cat camel
- Push backs
- Crucifix swings (front)
- Crucifix swings (back)
- Leg whip
- Hip roll downs
- Single leg hip thrusts
Some full body conditioning to get the heart going.
4 sets of:
- 100 skips
- 20 goblet squats
- 10 lunges with each arm above head
- 100 skips
Followed by 3 sets of:
* 10 wood chopper each leg forward
* 10 knee to opposite elbow
* 10 knee to same elbow
Here is a great conditioning workout to do with a training partner.
The exercises are:
* Ball slam burpee
* Sit up and press
* Lunge side sling
* Russian twists
* Jump lunges
* Burpee squat
* Side lunge and press
* Moving hand elevated press up
3 sets. No rest between exercises, short rest between sets
Advanced leg workout.
1. Front rack reverse lunge x16 (8 each leg) I used 2x12kg Kettle Bells
2. KB swings x8 (2x12kg KBs)
3. Controlled side step up x10 each leg
4. Prowler push +40kg for 15m
x 4-5 sets.
Start with little or no weights then progress as you feel comfortable!
Here are a variety of core exercise ideas.
Try some or all and add them in to your workouts for a bit of variety.
5 exercises, 20-30s of each depending on your fitness levels:
* Plank ups (alternate the leading arm)
* Squat thrust out and in
* Press up with alternate knee pull in
Repeat 4-5 times with 20-40s rest between each set to ensure you can maintain a good intensity
Here are some more core exercises for you, some of these are tough so keep within your capabilities to ensure technique is good.
1. Hallow rocks
2. Sit up with extension
3. Side plank dips
4. Reverse crunch with kick out
20-30s of each, 3-5 sets.
Here is a a warm up to get everything going before you start your lower body strength session.
Lunges x10 each leg
Side lunges x10 each side
Over head squats x10
You can do these without any weight and rather than a bar for the other head squat you can use a stick e.g. broom or just a piece of clothing.
Online training programmes are for you! With a set programme your progress will dramatically improve.
WHY get an online programme? It will to tailored to you so it will:
- Fit in around your week - Target the areas you want to work on
- Have enough of each exercise - Not too much of an exercise or area
- The right amount of cardio and strength work for you
- Motivate you towards being who and what you want to be.
If this sounds like something that could help you. Get in touch